Mark Calima knows that being a good teacher is challenging. He has been a band director in Houston for nearly fifteen years. It has become more difficult to empower your class with all the information that is readily available online. Here are some tips to help keep your students motivated and inspired.
- Your students are highly motivated by you. So you want to be sure to bring excitement to your lessons and positive energy to your class.
- Provide opportunities for friendly competition. When students are in competition with one another, they are developing a sense of responsibility and gaining a sense of awareness.
- Provide your students with feedback on their performance. This allows them to keep track of their progress and stay motivated to continue their success and improve on their failures.
- Recognize their achievements. When you find a student that has mastered a particular skill or is excelling within the classroom, recognize those achievements. Even the smallest of acknowledgments can help inspire and motivate your students.
- Include technology in their learning. Kids love technology and allowing them to use it in their learning can inspire them to succeed.
Mark Calima has been inspiring his students for nearly fifteen years. Using a combination of techniques educators can show their students that learning is fun and inspire them to find success both in school and beyond.